Today there is a myriad of applications that can collect and report telematics data from truck fleets and assets and new applications are coming out to support compliance mandates. But that information only becomes valuable if it is customized for the specific business, can be shared between the back office and field forces, and the applications can be easily managed.
One of the best ways to streamline this flow of information is to provide a mobile workforce with a secure mobile tablet that is synchronized with the in-vehicle telematics device to allow access to applications at their fingertips. CalAmp’s new MDT-7P Android tablet allows you to deliver and support value-added applications for long-haul trucking, fleet management, asset delivery and mobile workforce management. With the MDT-7P you can:
- Develop and deploy telematics applications for specific markets with the open Android OS
- Support applications for compliance mandates such as hours of service and vehicle inspections
- Track vehicles and assets with high precision GPS for mapping, navigation, dispatch and routing
- Distribute applications content and services through CalAmp’s secure Appstore
- Manage over-the-air installation of applications and firmware directly to the tablet with PULS
- Monitor the operating environment and respond to conditions such as time, date, motion, location, and geo-zone crossings with PEG